Southwest Alabama Behavioral Health Care Systems is a public non-profit corporation governed by a nineteen member Board of Directors appointed by local governments under the authority of Alabama Act 310. Services are provided by a group of professional counselors, case managers, nurses, psychiatrists and qualified mental retardation professionals. For persons in crisis situations, immediate care is available 24 hours a day through the Crisis Line service. Our professionally trained staff provides the highest quality direct care for persons with mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders.
Fees are charged for services provided. Individuals may qualify for a reduced fee based on total family income and size. Some insurance may cover certain eligible services. Transportation is also provided for consumers enrolled in day programs.
Southwest is certified by the Alabama Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation and is a member of the Behavioral Healthcare Alliance of Alabama.
The mission of Southwest Alabama Behavioral Health Care Systems is to promote and provide through respectful, ethical and resourceful actions...
- Quality behavioral health care that is responsive, accessible and supports and encourages independence and recovery.
- A fulfilling work environment for employees.
- A spirit of shared responsibility with our community.
What You Can Expect
- A team of caring professionals who will listen to you.
- A service plan based upon your individual needs.
- Quality services.
- Confidentiality and respect.
- Hope for the future.